Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 5: A Powerful Testimony

Oct 5, 2015

Sorry, still no pictures...

 Where do I even begin.... man a day in the mission is like a life time. 

Well some more fun facts about Canada:
1. Literally every house here has 1 or 2 basement suites, so there is like 5 families living in 1 house essentially. 
2. You have to pay for your grocery bags and to use a shopping cart

Yay.


Anyways, I've learned a lot this week. I'm sure you're all tired of hearing me say that, but I hope that I'll be able to say that every week for the rest of my mission. 

This last week I had the opportunity to go on exchanges (you switch companions for one day). So I got to go to the Surrey- central mission with Sister Ritchie (she is one of our STLS- Sister Training Leaders) and Sister Wright (my Companion) stayed here in Surrey- north with Sister Tingston (our other STL). Man does Heavenly Father know me like crazy. It was exactly what I needed. 

I don't have a lot of time to e-mail today (which reminds me, P-day is on Tuesday next week because Canada's "Thanksgiving" is on Monday next week) but I just wanted to bear my testimony. I just realized while watching General conference how amazing our leaders are. This conference taught me A LOT. One of the general authorities spoke about Elder L Tom. Perry and how strong his conviction of the gospel was. That he knew just how important it is, that he testify of Jesus Christ until his dying breath. I want to be like that. I want to be able to testify of my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, until my last dying breath. Because he is so good. 

So my testimony is this:

I know that my Savior lives. I know that he died on the cross to know me. To experience every sin, pain, and sorrow that any man has ever felt. I know that it is through Him, that we are able to return to live with our Heavenly Father again. I love this gospel. I am so so blessed to be able to learn and live it every single day.Because that is what it takes. I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ, and for the strengthening power that it provides. It is through him, that weak and simple things are made great. Thank goodness for that sweet promise, because without it, I would never measure up. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ. And no matter how hard this life, and this mission get, I choose to stay in the vineyard, because He stayed in the garden. Life is hard brothers and sisters, but Heavenly Father will never, and I mean never give you a trial unless he prepares you a way to get through it. So have the faith to endure. Have the faith to know that He is God, and we are not. His plans are far better than any we have created for ourselves. So trust in him, because he will always deliver you. "We do not have to be perfect, but we do have to get good at being better."- Kim B. Clark How thankful I am for modern revelation, and for the guidance that our Prophets and Apostles provide. I know they have been called of God. I know sincere prayer is the cure for everything. Heavenly Father loves us so so much. His hand is always outstretched and ready to receive, it is just up to us to reach out and take it. I love you all so so much. And I pray that you will each rely on the Savior in both the troubled storms and peaceful waves in this life. I love you, and I know that He loves you, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Sariah Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment