Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Week 20: Bitter Sweet

Life is changing so fast I can hardly keep up. But really it is such a good thing. So a lot of different things happened this past week and I'm going to try my best to organize all of my thoughts, good luck.

Well first off, we got Transfer News. 

I'm leaving. 
​Good bye Sister Ricks :'(

This is the Prasads. He is Bishop, and they are the wonderful family I have been living with these past four months of my mission. I love them. Jaesh (the 2 year old) sits at the window every morning and waves good bye to us as we get in the car and drive away.

I literally feel like Surrey is my home here in BC and I am not ready to leave, but I know that Heavenly Father has something else in store for me and as always, he knows best, so I'm excited to start this new journey. I'm being transferred to Abbotsford, it's still in the lower mainland of BC and I think like 40-60 min from where I currently am. I'll be opening and white-washing another area, which is always so much fun.... really though, it is so amazing. And my new companion is Sister Nelson, and the only thing I know about her really is that this next transfer is her last. So we'll certainly be making the most out of the time we have left. Sister Nelson oddly enough was MTC companions with Sister Rachel Travers. So what are the chances that I ended up serving right beside Sister Travers this past transfer, and am now going to be companions with her MTC comp. Mission life is so weird, and still so good.
Sister Hubert joined us again this past week. And what a tender mercy that she is just being transferred from Surrey 1st Ward to Surrey 3rd ward here with Sister Ricks. I know they will take great care of my babies <3

As for our sweet sweet investigators. Well, it's definitely an understatement that I am devastated to leave them, but I know Sister Ricks will take good care of everyone here. And I can not wait to come back and visit them all after the mish.

So of course there is always more bitter sweet news. 

Sima and Michael- Well, Sima was supposed to be baptized yesterday actually. This past week was so good, we've been teaching her every day and she is still progressing so much. She loves the BOM and she prays every single night no matter how exhausted she has been after taking care of Shyan all day. In preparation for baptism, you are required to have a baptismal interview just to make sure that you truly do believe in the things you have been taught and have a sincere desire to be baptized, so we always ask our investigators those questions before the actual interview so they know what to expect. Well Sima passed with flying colors. And her testimony of the principles of the gospel was a m a z i n g. Gosh, i just love her. Well so everything was going smoothly and then yesterday morning, Michael called us and said that she had some kind of appointment at 4:30 (the time of her baptism) and so they wouldn have to do it another day... weird. And basically we haven't gotten a hold of them since. I'm a little bit sad to leave them on this note, but mostly just because I have been able to see how much the gospel has truly changed their lives and I just pray they keep going. I can not wait for the day that Sima really is baptized and is able to make that promise to her Heavenly Father to follow her Savior, Jesus Christ. And for the opportunity she has to start fresh, and to know with a surety that her Heavenly Father loves her so much and can not wait until the day that He will see her again. I have great faith in that woman, i know everything will work out.

Thang and Van- Ahhhhh. Our sweet Vietnamese couple. Van is due in March and just makes me feel so close to home since Rebekah will be having her baby so soon, and before you know it I'll be an Aunt. I also feel oddly close to Amanda, getting to teach sweet asians, I have a new found love for their culture as well. They are the sweetest people you will ever meet. Anyways, we taught them Heavenly Fathers plan for us, The Plan of Salvation. They L O V E D it. Thang joked about going to the celestial kingdom and Van being in the Terrestrial kingdom and then I said, "Do you really want to be in the celestial Kingdom by yourself?" And he grabbed his wife's hand and said, "I am not going anywhere without my wife." It was the cutest thing ever. And the spirit was so strong. Man am I so grateful for eternal marriage and for the opportunity we have to live with our families forever, even after this life. This really is the plan of happiness, and the moment we understand that, the easier it is to see all the blessings that Heavenly Father has given us.
Thang and Van <3 THEY CAME TO CHURCH 

Speaking of blessings, we have had S O S O many this past week. We had Zone Meeting (basically a super spiritual meeting with a bunch of other missionaries serving in the same area), this past week as well as Stake Conference where Elder Johnson from the 70 came and spoke to us. A lot of different things were taught and discussed but really everything comes back down to change. And how fitting considering I leave tomorrow for a new area. 

Because this life is really all about change. We came to Earth, to grow and progress, and learn by experience how to make right choices. We came to Earth to understand how we can become better and how we can become like our Heavenly Father. And in order to improve, we must always be changing. It's crazy because when we change, we repent. Repentance is an every day process- one that allows us to  gain a fresh view of God, of ourselves, and of the World. It's not a scary or bad thing. Repentance is a wonderful opportunity to change. And as I've come to see repentance in that way, I've been learning to love change. To not be so overwhelmed by my weaknesses or my mistakes because really, Jesus Christ, my Savior and Redeemer has already taken all of that for me, and so I can let those things go. I can repent, and resolve to be better and better each and every day. I wish I had more time to truly express the spirit that I have been able to feel this past week. It is just incredible. God is so good, and I am so grateful to be serving here in Canada, BC.

I LOVE YOU ALL, and am incredibly grateful for all the support and love you give. Special s/o to my ward back home for all the Christmas Cards! You had no idea how much they mean to us missionaries. 

Love always,

Sister Robertson 
​Every where we go people try to give us Lindhor chocolates. They are disgusting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment