Saturday, March 11, 2017

Week 78: Take Possession of Yourself

Well life is getting weird, but other than that everything is awesome :-)

I just wanted to start of by first thanking each of you for your love and support! Last week I received several e-mails that boosted my faith, and reminded me of the great opportunity that I have and that I can continue to have until the end. 

When Elder Holland came and visited us this past November he said that who we are and what we have is absolutely enough, and all we need to do is to take possession of ourselves, to choose to act rather than be acted upon. That is something that has been on my mind a lot recently, and your e-mails last week caused me a lot of reflection and helped me to continue to push through the influence of the adversary. I owe a lot to my angel companion Sister Hoffman, who continues to be so patient with me. She has the biggest heart. 

This past week we have seen so many miracles, and it just builds my testimony so much to know that God is aware of everyone'es circumstances and he really is so merciful and blesses us so often with more than we deserve, and thank goodness for that! 

Last Sunday we had 6 random university students show up to church. Each of them were in a comparative religion class and were required to visit three different churches. After the first two meetings they each asked us a bunch of questions and we were able to leave our number and some pamphlets with them. That experience was a miracle within itself, but then a couple days later, guess what???

ONE OF THE GIRLS KATELYN CONTACTED US!!!!

She texted us and was like, "I have a couple more questions for my report, would it be okay to meet up?" So we were like perfect we can answer her questions and the spirit will touch her and then maybe she'll want to learn for herself. WELL EVEN BETTER!!!! We sit down and the first thing she says is, "So actually these questions are really just for me." Our mouths dropped. 

It turns out, her grandmother was a member in Williams Lake and she is a convert to the church herself. Growing up Katelyn saw how dedicated her grandmother was to the temple and to the church and recognized how important it was to someone she loved. The way her grandmother felt about the church really led Katelyn hungering to understand what was so special about it. Because of that, Katelyn has been questioning things for years and that is what led her to take this comparative religion course. She has such real intent and we were able to meet with her twice this past week. Because of her grandmother, and some of the questions she has asked, she really understands the commitment this will take. And she told us straight out that being religious in her family and friend group is not cool. And when she told one person about meeting with us they laughed at her and mocked her and said she needed to go to the crazy house. So she was like, "I need to know this is true if I'm going to be sticking my neck out like that." BUT WE ARE SO GRATEFUL BECAUSE THAT'S ABSOLUTELY WHAT WE WANT. And our lesson on the plan of salvation was so powerful, Sister Hoffman asked Katelyn the most inspired question and she opened up about how hard this past year of her life has been and how she really needs something to help her and we were able to bare powerful testimony of Jesus Christ, who he is, how we follow him, and how she can come to know that he is real. She was just in tears. 

It was absolutely amazing and this experience has just reminded me again of the power of the Savior. I know He is real and that He is the Savior for the world. Every son and daughter of Adam. It also taught me the value of members in truly being that light to those they interact with. As members of the church, we may be the only Book of Mormon that anyone sees.

I love each of you so much and are forever grateful for your testimonies of the Savior, both members of the church and non members. Each of you have played such a special role in my life and have absolutely been an instrument in helping me to feel God's love. I know He loves you.

Another quick miracle and update on Kathryn (:

We still weren't able to meet with her this week because she has had Mono, but towards the end of the week she was feeling better so she was able to come to church on Sunday! AND SHE BORE HER TESTIMONY!!!! She said, "I know I'm not a member yet, but I'm so grateful for everyone who has been helping me in on my journey and I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that everything the Book of Mormon says is true."

What a blessing it has been to be a missionary! 

Love always,
Sister Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment