Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 10: God is so good!

 It's Raining a lot!

So first off I would just like to give a shout out to my drama babies back home, CONGRATS!!! The play and costumes just get better and better every year man. YA'LL ARE AMAZING! Wish I could've been there to see it, but all i hear is good things, so I know ya'll are out there kicking some butt. BOB WHO? BOB JONES! Anyways, you are all beautiful people and I love you. I hope you are taking care of Momma Davis, and Craft for me? And especially, Mrs. Shari Kingsford.

So this week I've been so blessed. First off, I've never been a really good scripture reader, ever. And so that was one of my biggest fears in going on a mission is that I'm supposed to teach people about the Book of Mormon, when I've barely read any of it myself. So anyways, I made a goal to read the Book of Mormon for 30 minutes every morning. I tried it several times, and I still just felt like I was getting nothing out of it. So then, in efforts to be more effective, I would study Preach My Gospel (which is like the missionary bible. It has everything we teach in it.), but of course, i was still feeling super inadequate when it comes to scripture reading. So I'd try again for a couple of days, and then the cycle would continue. After talking with Sister Kendall Kingsford (even though she is already home) she said that it was similar for her too. That she read it for months and felt like she was getting nothing out of it. But she kept going, and one day it just clicked. Heavenly Father blessed her because she was faithful and because she kept trying and just kept enduring. So I decided this last week to do exactly that. To stop wasting time worrying about if I was getting anything out of it or not and just to read every morning and night. I still don't understand some of the things I have been reading, but when I was thinking about it yesterday I just realized that I have been WAY happier every day since I started reading it. What a tender mercy. And even though I still don't know everything, I know that as I keep reading, that Heavenly Father will bless me and as long as I'm faithful and press forward, that I will be blessed and that He will be able to use me as a tool in His hands to help bring others unto Christ. 

It's still hard, and I still often feel very inadequate, but my testimony of Heavenly Father using "the weak and the simple" to bring forth his Gospel grows stronger every day. 

I love what Elder Dale G. Renlund said in this past October General Conference when he was called to be an apostle. He shared an experience in which he was called to be the Bishop of a ward many years before and what his brothers response was. His brother said:

"You need to know that the Lord hasn't called you because of anything you have done.... the Lord has called you for what He needs to do through you, and that will only happen if you do it His way."

Man oh man, does that ring true to me every day. Heavenly Father created us each with such a unique purpose. Our job here on Earth, is to discover that purpose and to let Heavenly Father use us to bring forth his gospel and to help those around us. Of course, that is much easier said than done. But here's to trying a little bit harder this week to be a little bit better.

The best miracle from this week:

Shelby. She is the biggest blessing in this world. What a great example she is to her family. She is so strong and has been progressing like crazy. She has been worried about baptism because her family loves and supports her of course, but still isn't really living the gospel. And the gospel is a hard path to walk alone. Anyways, Sister Wright and I taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Spirit was so strong and the two members we brought bore such powerful testimony and experiences. It was incredible, and it helped me realize not only how important the Spirit it in teaching, but in having members at lessons is too. It just helped Shelby realize really that she doesn't have to walk this path alone. That even though her family isn't really progressing with her, right now at least, that she has Jesus Christ. And because Jesus Christ had to walk that path alone, we never will. 

God is so good, we just have to let him in.

I love you all so so much and i hope things are going well in Alabama. I sure do miss the South.

Love always, 
Sister Robertson 
I've been out for 2 months last week. Crazy, how fast time flies!

We got some new Sister Missionaries in our Ward! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment