Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Week 41: Dear home ❤



This past week has just been incredible. God is so good it's actually ridiculous. I feel so close to Him and to my Savior Jesus Christ. Things are always challenging, but they are always worth it. 
​Erin is a recent convert here in Port Moody. She is the greatest!

Sister Seiter just continues to amaze me, she is such a little rock star. And it's been cool to be with her and to reflect on where i was at in the beginning of my mission and my how things have changed. I am SO grateful for progression. 


This week I just wanted to share a quick video that many of you have probably seen. It came out last year in April, but it is absolutely one of my favorites. 


I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves us enough to sacrifice his only begotten son. so that through him, we truly can endure and overcome every trial and challenge that we face in this life. I know that it is o n l y because of Him and His sacrifice, that we are able to find joy, that we are able to be cleansed from sin, that we can find victory over death, that we can be healed from any heartache, sorrow, or pain. I know He lives and He loves us. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to see first hand how the atonement of Jesus Christ is working in others lives.

This morning I received an e-mail from Van and Thang. They are my sweet Vietnamese couple that I found and worked with in Surrey. I wanted to share a piece of their e-mail with you. 


Hi Sister Robertson,

How are you doing in Canada? How about your missionary works? Please remind us the name of the city you are in now?

We left Canada to return to Vietnam 2 weeks ago. At this moment we are staying in Thang's hometown named Son Tay that is 40 km from the center of Hanoi to the West and we are going to stay here for several months. Thang is still reading one page of the book of Mormon a day and I am also reading the Gospel Principles book.

We miss you very much. We hope we could see you again very soon and we also hope one day you can come to Vietnam to visit us. We will be very happy to welcome you in Vietnam.

We pray Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ bless you.

Bests,
Thang & Van

In church on Sunday one of the Elders in my ward gave a talk. In part of that talk he shared a story. For lack of time, I am going to summarize the story. The story starts out with two best friends in the pre-mortal existence waiting for their "call to earth". One receives his call to the United States in which he will have the opportunity to grow up in a family who knows and loves the gospel. His call letter includes several other opportunities he will have and be blessed with in result of living in an economically better off country. Him and his best friend rejoice. Minutes later, his best friend receives his "call to earth". He is told that he will face a lot of adversity throughout his life, due to poverty. He will not be born into the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He will be born in Costa Rica. Him and his friend mourn together. And the one promises the other that he will find him. 

We each have that same opportunity. There are people in this world who need us. They need what we have. They need a friend and they need Jesus Christ. I pray that each of us with look for opportunities to serve among our circles of influence. To be lifters and lovers of the Savior. 

Love always,
Sister Robertson

Happy to be in Port Moody :)

Its my 9 month-mark.
(I guess since Sariah left when her oldest sister was newly pregnant, and while she has been out on her mission, she has taught and met so many many pregnant and new mommy's - this silly pic is appropriate ;) 
That pillow is a little lumpy... she's been out for 9 months now, only 9 more to go!  Silly Sister Robertson)

Sister Chandler. We had exchanges with our STL's this past week. SO grateful for her!


1 comment:

  1. Miss you so much sister Robertson! You are an amazing child of Heavenly Father!

    ReplyDelete