Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 40: Port Moody

Hey ya'll <3

This week has been full of crazy adventures. We are the Port Moody Sisters but we actually live in Coquitlam, which is a really big city near Burnabee and Vancouver, so I'm just getting further and further into the lower main land. Sister Seiter is my new companion and she has been on her mission for 6 weeks! Man she is just the greatest. She is from Arizona and is as tall as me, which is quite the change! 



In Coquitlam we teach a lot of Asains and Iranians, and it has just dawned on me this past week how lucky I am. I may be serving in Canada, which is barely out of the states, but because of the diversity here, I have the opportunity to truly serve throughout the entire world. It is just incredible to see God's promise being fulfilled.

"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people."
D&C 133:37

There are so many countries who have limitations or have no access at all to learning about God and Jesus Christ, but what a tender mercy that through the process of being refugees they are given the opportunity to learn about their Savior and Redeemer. 

Sisters

 We had mini-missions this past week. That basically means that local youth ages 16+ have the opportunity to be with a set of missionaries for a weekend. They stay with us and get to experience the missionary schedule and teaching. Our sweet Sister, Sister Decapate, is actually 19, and already has her mission call to Birmingham, London. I know, close call to home right? She leaves in about a month. I am just so amazed by all the youth that came out across the mission for this mini-mission experience. they are so brave!
Sister Decapate, Sister Robertson and Sister Seiter

Mini Missionary Sister Decapate

Also, here is my new address for anyone wanting to send letters or packages (:
881 Herrmann St 
Coquitlam BC
V3C 6E7 Canada

Love always,
Sister Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment