Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 44: Happy 4th of July

Hey Fam Jam,
10 months

Happy Canada Day!
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY. We tried to celebrate a little bit of Canada Day, but it just wasn't the same. 

Also, the Canada Mail strike continues so that is weird. 

Things are wonderful here in Coquitlam, I can't believe at the end of this week this transfer will be over. I just love it here. Last week I mentioned the cutest family that we have been working with- Mark and Brianna. Mark and Brianna are Canadian, but they don't have much of a religious background so we've started with the basics, God and prayer. My favorite. 

They are doing so good! Mark (the father) had to step out of one of ours lessons last week where we taught them to pray and so when we came the next visit Brianna said, "I taught my dad how to pray," and then continued to explain what she said to us. It was just the best and Mark and Brianna each said a prayer that lesson. We finished teaching the restoration this past week and asked what they have been thinking/ feeling about everything we've taught so far. Sweet little Brianna said, "I think I believe." And then shared a personal experience with us. My heart just melted, she is A M A Z I N G. When we asked Mark about it, he said that he it's all really still new to him, since he didn't grow up with any religious background, but it's all good and he does want to keep learning. Sister Seiter and I think he wants it especially for his daughter, but we know that as he keeps commitments and continues to learn and grow and have spiritual experiences of his own that he will know that God is really there for the both of them. They couldn't come to church this past week because Brianna was at her mom's on Sunday, but they said they'd come this weekend (: 

We are also teaching Dan (Mark's cousin), who is a little more difficult. He is a R E A L L Y big thinker and is in his head a lot analyzing things so we are very bold with him and he understands that we are here to teach the restored gospel of Jesus Christ because we know it is true and has blessed our lives, and will bless his life as well. He also doesn't have much of a religious background, but is oddly educated about random parts of the bible so that is always interesting. We know the power of the Book of Mormon and have been really working with him to read it so that he can have that connection with God again and so that he can find the truth. He said a prayer for the first time this week in our lesson, and hopefully between him, Mark, and Brianna, they will all be able to encourage and support each other in making these new changes.

We've also had ATON of miracles with going out finding people this week. God literally has just put us in the perfect place at the perfect time. I had the opportunity to teach a young man how to pray at the bus stop the other day, and after talking to so many people about prayer and about God this past week I've just really been pondering my own relationship with God and really the purpose and power of prayer. 

I love prayer. And I know that it is the way that we connect to God. He doesn't care about how long it is, or how eloquently we speak. His greatest desire is to hear from us, and all he asks is that we be sincere. I'm all out of time for today, but I know that God loves us, and wants to hear from us.

I love you all!

Love always,


Sister Robertson

Duean and Elizabeth. She is from Thailand and has been investigating the church for 2 years. Due to complications with her husband, she can't be baptized, but boy does she love her Savior Jesus Christ. 


Sister Macindoe is literally the best. She is currently preparing to go to the Temple! 


We Tried!

Sister Hall From Coquitlam sent me these last two pics
Our sisters with a new Persian speaking convert.  Found this selfie on my phone after they had used it all morning with the Google translate.
From dinner last week!

We love having sister Robertson in our ward!  She is a breath of fresh air!

The Hall family

No comments:

Post a Comment