Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Week 55: Because I have been given much I too must give

HEY HOME <3

This week was a little bit of a roller coaster, but needless to say everyone survived. 

I sang a solo in church this week, and pretty much died inside, but the sweet ward members were so good to me.

I have been so grateful for our recent additional 30 minutes of study for the Book of Mormon is our mission. I can tell you that nothing brightens up my day more than reading that book. Learning more about my Savior, Jesus Christ has meant the world to me. After all, this life can be, scratch that, is hard.



 12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo,because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.  Helaman 5:12




That verse doesn't say, if the devil shall send hard things your way, but when. I know that regardless of who we are, that each of us experiences challenges and trials. We each live in mortality and are subject to the mighty winds and storms of this world. However, I know that as we build our foundation on Jesus Christ, that we will stand triumphant. He will never desert us. He is the light of the world. Today I'm having a hard time pulling my thoughts together, but I feel impressed to share these next verses with ya'll. 

I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves you. He has personally been through everything that you have and will endure. And He has done it because He loves you. What a miraculous truth. These next verses describe Jesus Christ as he appeared to the people in the ancient Americas. As He bore witness of his reality and the hope-filled truth, that because of Him, we can all return to live with our Heavenly Father, and we can find joy both now, and in the eternities. 


8 And it came to pass, as they understood they cast their eyes up again towards heaven; and behold, they saw a Man descending out of heaven; and he was clothed in a white robe; and he came down and stood in the midst of them; and the eyes of the whole multitude were turned upon him, and they durst not open their mouths, even one to another, and wist not what it meant, for they thought it was an angel that had appeared unto them.

9 And it came to pass that he stretched forth his hand and spake unto the people, saying:

10 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.

 11 And behold, I am the light and the life of the world;and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.



I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know He lives.

I LOVE YOU ALL

Love always,
Sister Robertson


Pictures for the week, super sorry, I'm really slacking:

1) After, District Meeting on Wednesday we got some Sushi on the way home. :')




2) Realized we hadn't taken any pictures this week, so quick selfie in the Lib.
3) Spot the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment