Saturday, October 8, 2016

Week 56: Faith, trust, and General Conference



FAM JAM,

How is everyone doing down South?

This past weekend we had the opportunity to watch the General Women's Session of Broadcast. Let me just say, IT WAS AMAZING! Richmond is part of the Surrey Stake so we got to watch it at the Surrey Church Building which was my very first area on my mission..... what a tender mercy! I got to see all of my old members, and they recognized me really quickly when they heard me laugh. Unfortunately Sima and Shelby weren't there, so I didn't get to see my two babies, but that's okay! 

Literally every single talk given was like an answer to my prayers, and I was hoping to share some insights from President Uchtdorf's talk, but I accidentally left my journal at home. Sorry guys! I've really been slacking these past few weeks! Of course his written talk isn't up on lds.org yet, so I'll just include an attachment to the video. Essentially I just realized, and was reminded again and again, that we need to have faith and trust in God as we pray for guidance. 

"Faith in Jesus Christ is more than a passive belief in Him. It means believing that He is the Son of God and that He suffered for your sins, afflictions, and infirmities.  It means acting on that belief. Faith in Jesus Christ leads you to love Him, trust Him, and obey His commandments."

I think too often I forget that God knows the bigger picture. He sees things that we can not. But I know that our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ love us. Perfectly. Our faith allows us to trust in their will and love for us, that everything that we experience in this life truly will work out for our best benefit. Faith and trust build us up and allow us to remember God's eternal plan for his children.

"For I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."   Alma 36:3


LOVE YA'LL HUGE! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Love always,
Sister Robertson 

Pictures for the week:

So apparently Once Upon a Time is filmed here in Richmond BC, right in my area so last P-day we decided to go for a look. Luckily for us, they just happened to be preparing to film last week and so they had already switched all the signs on all the shops from their regular "steveston sign" to say "storybrooke". It was so fun!

1) Obvious.

2) Granny's diner

3) Mr. Golds shop... they clearly weren't done setting everything up lol

4) random street art

5 on)



CANADA

No comments:

Post a Comment