Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Week 76: You Hallow the Doorstep You Stand On

Hey (:

Wow, I don't even know where to start this week. Let's just say that this past week has been difficult. Accepting the fact that I will be returning home shortly has been really trying for many reasons. I have loved my mission, and I'm not ready to give it up. Needless to say, change has never been one of my strengths, so it's not surprising. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who always understands perfectly what we are going through and who understands the desires of our hearts. And what a blessing it has been to have had Sister Hoffman as my sweet companion. She has just loved the mess out of me this past week and I will forever be indebted to her in handling my 2390472034 emotions. Still I am grateful, as I know that "these things shall give [me] experience, and shall be for [my] good." D&C 122:7 I know it. And I've already seen my testimony grow even stronger because of them!

This past week I have had so many special experiences. 

Many times this week when Sister Hoffman saw me in distress she read a couple of verses to me from the Book of Mormon. Each time my soul was filled with immediate peace, and all those fears, and anxieties, or frustrations seemed to fade away. 

Saturday we had a Zone Conference and President and Sister Burt flew up. It is always a special treat to see them, and how grateful I am for President Burt and his worthiness to lead in this mission and to strengthen his missionaries. After the meeting he gave me a priesthood blessing. How grateful I am for God's restored power on the earth. I know that this church is true and I know that God loves his children.

Also, miracle's. There is this street that I've wanted to knock basically my entire life in Prince George, and so yesterday we finally went to knock it! Well we are knocking and literally no one is home, and the few people who were pretty much slam the door in our face. But then we met Caroline. She let us right in but was heading out soon to get some Indian Food so we set up an appointment for later that evening. We came back and taught her and she had such amazing questions, but in asking her what it would mean to her to know the Joseph Smith was a prophet of God she admitted that she is super Lutheran and really doesn't have any intentions on changing, but she has been so grateful to learn and to discuss and that it had been a long time since she had prayed and how she wasn't really a good christian because she hadn't been making a lot of time for Him in her life. So we still invited her to read the BOM but committed her especially to pray and to discuss with God a change she could make in her life to come to know him more. She said she would, and we exchanged numbers so that we could call and follow up. (side note, she was only in town for the weekend staying with her aunt and uncle and so she was leaving this morning.) Well, I made a mental note to call her before she left but totally forgot, BUT GUESS WHAT. SHE CALLED US TO RETURN AND REPORT. SHE PRAYED AND LOVED IT. It was amazing to see that although right now learning about the restored church isn't the change that she is making, but that she took the step of faith and repentance to pray and to increase her personal relationship with God. She told us when she would be in town next and said she'd love for us to follow-up with her then as well! It was a miracle. 

I am all out of time to share our other miracles from this past week, but I love you all and am grateful for all that you do!

I know God loves each and every one of you, always.

Love always,
Sister Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment