Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 52: Blessings from on High


FAM JAM,

Let me tell you that God knows His children. 

Richmond is full of new challenges, the biggest being that we are a transit area, so no car. Which is fun and a great way to meet people, figuring out all the bus routes and times is just proving to be difficult. I'm super blessed though because we live .2 seconds away from the chapel, which is also the mission office, and President and Sister Burt live probably 15 minutes away. SO THANKFUL FOR MY MISSION MOM AND DAD.

Sister Gartside is from Maryland, and has been out for almost 5 months now! She really does have the biggest heart!

Super sad to have left my last area, but I know that God has more in store for me. Super quick recap on our last lesson with Mark and Brianna in Port Moody-

It was wonderful. We had it at Emily's home, with Sister Macindoe as well. We watched the Restoration video and Emily bore such great testimony. She didn't mind saying that she had been LA, by her own, not because she ever doubted for a second that the gospel was true, and that she has learned that "there is nothing that this world can offer you, that is better than what Heavenly Father can." It was absolutely amazing. 

That is something that I have been thinking about a lot lately. This past Sunday we talked about sacrifices in sunday school. Sacrifice means giving to the Lord whatever He requires of our time, our earthly possessions, and our energies to further His work. It's being willing to be submissive to His will, and being willing to make changes in our lives to draw us near to Him. 

People always talk about serving a mission as such a big sacrifice. The amazing thing about everything God asks us to do is that, we are blessed 10 fold in return. Loving God turns sacrifices into blessings, and I know that everything we are asked to do, is for our own benefit. This past week has certainly been evident of that. 

It was hard to leave Coquitlam/ Port Moody, and continues to be, but I know that God knows us exactly. He knows what we need, and He is trying to bless us. 

In 3 Nephi 13, Jesus Christ teaches his apostles that same principle. Trust in God, trust that He knows you perfectly, and that every sacrifice you make is really for your gain. 


25...Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider thelilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither dothey spin;

 29 And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all hisglory, was not arrayed like one of these.

 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, whichtoday is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so willhe clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.

 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat?or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we beclothed?

 32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added u
nto you.

I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us! They know exactly what we need and when we need it and everything they do is for the salvation of men. They want us to be happy and to be able to reach our fullest potential. I know that even though life is still full of challenges and trials, and starting this new area is a little bumpy, but that God's plan is perfect, and He just wants to bless me, and each of us. 

I had the opportunity to eat dinner with Sister and president Burt last night. It was absolutely wonderful, and God knew what I needed. I was sacred half to death because we had to share a message, but the spirit was so strong. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and that like Emily said, there is absolutely n o t h i n g that this world can offer us that is better than what God can. He loves you. Trust in Him. 

I sure love ya'll and am forever grateful for the way you have made an impact in my life and others!

Love always,
Sister Robertson 


Pictures for this week:
1) The infamous Mark and Brianna. LITERALLY LOVE THEM

2) Emily <3 We had our lesson this past week at her house and it was absolutely amazing!

3)Goodbye house

4)laughing to mask the sadness of leaving

5) Sister Seiter is training a new baby and they pick them up in Richmond (which is my new area) so she got to stay with me and my new companion for 2 days while she waited for her baby to get here. TENDER MERCIES

6/7) Found a GORGEOUS park on the outskirts of our area. So I actually live in Richmond (which is a huge city), but I also cover Ladner and Tawassen.

8) Sister Gartside

9) Super terrible quality photo, but GUESS WHAT!!!! Micahel, Sima's husband who I taught in the beginning of my mission, got baptized! My heart could not be more full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment