Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 73: God is my rock

HEY

This past week has been absolutely crazy but so wonderful! Monday and Tuesday were pretty regular days, Wednesday I woke up with food poisoning then we had a special missionary broadcast, Thursday we flew down to Richmond, Friday we had MLC, and Saturday President and Sister Burt flew up to Prince George and had interviews and a specialized training and then we drove out to Quesnel for the Sisters baptism! There's been a lot of changes made recently in the mission field and adjusting is always a little bit weird, but I just feel so a peace with everything and know that these changes are inspired from God. 

Sister Cosman has been helping me out this past week with a lot of my STL responsibilities and mean while our sweet greenies have been killing it together! Sister Tenney and Sister Poulson are both from Arizona and were together in the MTC, so they absolutely love every second they have together. 

Sorry again for still not having any pictures with any of our friends up here in Prince George! We tried to take a couple... but they aren't very desirable so we'll try again this week! 

Kathryn is doing absolutely amazing though! She is just soaking in the gospel like a sponge! This past week we invited her to pray about the things that we had shared and as she kneeled down she said, "Heavenly Father, help me to know that these things are true, even though I already know that they are deep down in my heart." She is so excited for her baptism in February!

Joseph is still doing amazing as well, he is absolutely loving church and everything he is continuing to learn! 

This past transfer in Prince George has been such a blessing in my life. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father knows me perfectly and understands what I need. Somehow He has just helped me to learn how to trust him and to just turn everything over to him. I know these feelings are ones that I have shared in a previous e-mail, but I just feel so strengthened by him everyday to do things I know I couldn't do on my own. I feel like Nephi in 2 Nephi Chapter 4, when he just glories in the goodness of God.

"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm."

And I know that that is true. Heavenly Father loves us so much and He has created us all with such unique potential. But we can't do it on our own, and we were never expected to. I know that as we put our trust in him, rather than in the arm of flesh (man) that God can make miracles happen and that He can make us much more than we could ever be on our own. I love my Heavenly Father, and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know they live. 

I love each and everyone of you and pray that you will continue to put your trust in God, and that He will lead you to paths that you never even thought were possible.

Love always,
Sister Robertson 

Pictures:
1) miracle of last weeks P-day one of the members bought us pizza during e-mailing (: (: (:

2) We had MLC this past week and here are just 3 of my favorites (:

3) Prince George Statue (:

4) Sister Poulson <3

5) Sister Cosman <3

6)Sister Tenney <3

No comments:

Post a Comment