Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Week 13: "And This Is Why Lion's Eat Their Young"

We had our Ward Christmas Party this Saturday so yay for Christmas


HELLLLLLOOOOO FRIENDS!!!

First I'll explain the title really quick:

Last night we ate dinner with a member family and some of their friends. They fed us Thanksgiving dinner ðŸ™Œ ,which is honestly the only reason I even remembered Thanksgiving was this week (you'll see from my pictures we have already moved onto Christmas). Anyways, so we were eating dinner and all the little kids kept whining all dinner and bugging their parents every 5 minutes, which honestly was super funny and just reminded me of home. So at some point in the conversation, after the kids had interrupted for like the 38398 time, one of the dads just said, "And this is why Lion's eat their young." It was great. 

Anyways moving on.

So a lot of things have happened these last couple of weeks that I have failed to mention. Essentially these past couple of weeks our Zone has been talking alot about being on fire. About how we need to first be on fire as individuals, so that we can then be companionships on fire, and then a mission on fire. Of course, the problem is that it all starts first with ourselves. Which is something I've been trying to work on my entire mission now. Everything in a mission relies on being in tune with the Holy Ghost and with God, which is literally the hardest thing in the entire world. And things have been going really well still, but I still know I've been holding something back. The problem is I'm not quite sure what. 

Well two weeks ago we had a Zone Conference where we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Teh from the Quorom of the Seventy and our mission president. We talked about a lot of different things and the spirit was really strong. Really though, just this past week a lot of the things I've been feeling as well as the things I've been learning have finally clicked. 

At Zone Conference, President talked about the principle of "Just doing it." He said that we need to stop doubting, because when we doubt ourselves and others, all that happens is we go back and forth in circles and then nothing is ever accomplished. And then, Satan wins. Again. I remember President Burt saying this two weeks ago and I knew he was so right, still it was a lot easier said than done. 

Really I don't have enough time or honestly know how to even explain it, but after my exchange with Sister Yonk this last week, and the Training I gave in our last district meeting I just finally felt like I'm on fire. I'm not quite sure what happened, or when, but I learned to stop doubting everything. That I already know the things that Heavenly Father needs me to do so I just need to do them. That thinking about home sometimes and about being a mom isn't a bad thing, because those are the reasons I am our here serving. Because I know that this gospel blesses families, and my greatest desire is to just help others to be able to see that same joy that I've experienced. 

There is a sentence in one of the pamphlets we teach from that says because of the gospel, "you can experience joy even in times of trail, and you can face life's challenges with a spirit of peace." That's what this gospel has given me. Because life is still hard, and each and every one of us still faces so many challenges and trials, but through God and the gospel of Jesus Christ, we are able to find happiness and experience joy even in the darkest of times.

I love the Gospel. I know that it is true, and I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to share it with others. I love serving a mission, even though it stinks sometimes (mostly because you are learning and growing everyday), it is the biggest blessing. This past week I just realized how much my family really does mean to me. I love you guys, and I'm sorry for not always being the best. 

Anyways, God is real. He loves you. Trust him, and let him work through you. 

I miss and love you all.

Love always,

Sister Robertson

I burnt my hand and all we had was a banana in the freezer

No comments:

Post a Comment