Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 37: I'm 20!

Lol, I'm 20.


This past week has been another crazy week in the mission. We had Zone Meeting and Stake conference and interviews with President Burt. It's crazy to think that at the end up this transfer I will have been out for 9 months on my mission..... half way done. 

Wow.

Weird.

Time goes by way too fast, let's just say that. 

Serving a mission is the best thing I have ever done, and was certainly one of the hardest descisions I had ever made up to this point. There were a lot of things holding me back. Fears about public speking, fears about having to do things out of my comfort zone, having to follow an exact schedule or exercise every morning, pushing off geting married or having kids, but mostly just scared about change and the unknown. 

How grateful I am though for the many examples in my life and for God's hand in helping me to choose the harder right. Life certainly is full of choices, often ones that are difficult to make, but I find that that are easier to make when we undertand who we are and where we are going. I know that God loves us and He has a plan for each and everyone of us. He wants us to have joy, despite the trials. He needs us to grow into the wonderful people He has created us to be. And I know that most of all, He wants us to be prepared to return to live with Him again some day.

"For this is my work and my glory- to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." Moses 1:39 

Nothing happens in our lives by mistake. The people we know, work with, and live by are all put into our lives for a reason. Not only was I called to serve in the Canada Vancouver mission, but I was called to serve under President Burt. I have learned much from the faithful example of my parents and my leaders in church throughout my life, and President and Sister Burt are nothing different.

I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ which has allowed me to know how short this life really is and where I want to be someday, to know that my choices have consequences and that I have a divine potential to achieve. That eternal perspective is something that President Burt lives by. 

When deciding to go on a mission or not, I thought about what I wanted for my life. I want to be a good mother, sister, daughter, friend. I want to be a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ. I want to be the person that Heavenly Father needs me to be- regardless of the responsibility or growth that that requires. And I realized, that in order for me to become those things, that I needed to serve a mission. That somehow through this process, God could shape me into something new. And so I went. 

God gives us many opportunities, despite what part of life we are in, to make those changes. And I would invite each of you to sincerely think about the things you want in life, and determine if the decisions you are making today are helping you to take one step closer to those goals, and to our ultimate goal to be with our Heavenly Father again some day. Then make those neccessary and fulfilling changes. 

I love you all, and I am so grateful for the divine potential that Heavenly Father has created for each of us and for the opportunity I have to serve a mission and to help His children to see that potential in which they have. Because each of us does. 

Love always,

Sister Robertson 

(These are pic's she sent last week, but I didn't see the email with these pic's until after I had already posted last week's email.)

Sister Picnic at the church. These are rare so it had to be documented. 

Sister Gorbaun. She is one of the older widowed members in our ward. Originally from Germany and a convert to the church. She is just amazing. 

This is Bekah. She is one of the women we are working withs Daughter. We went to the park this week for a lesson and she just came up and grabbed my hand 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment