Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Week 64: Light the World

Dear Chicken Noodles,

HOW IS IT DOWN IN THE DEEP SOUTH? 

Everyone in Canada is still disappointed I don't have a southern accent and laughs at the amount of winter gear I am already wearing... apparently 3 inches of snow isn't actually cold here. And apparently it is supposed to be -25 all next week :'-) Needless to say, P.G still has my heart. 

We haven't been able to see Joseph too much lately, although we had an awkward dinner with him and some members of the ward here on Wednesday. He was 45 minutes late and then the members tried to feed him a lot a lot and were offended when he couldn't eat it all.... Luckily, everything still turned out okay and after we left Joseph was able to stay and to build a better relationship with them! 

We also found this super wonderful woman named Kat, who ended up coming to church, who also has the cutest baby of your life, and who was super involved during Sunday School! I'll tell ya'll more about her next week!

I am always so grateful to be serving a mission at this time of year. As a community, people tend to be way more open about Jesus Christ, and nothing is better than being able to represent him at such a sacred time of year. The church recently put out a new Christmas video called, "Light the World."


I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World, and he loves y o u. He can lift you from any burdens, heal you from all sorrows and sadness, and give light in the darkest of places.

This morning we were preparing for a lesson and the question came up, "Why if Jesus Christ was all powerful would he allow himself to be crucified?" I know that although "the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him as a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. ye, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it" That Jesus Christ died for us "because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men. 1 Nephi 19:9

I hope each of us allows the love of the Savior into our lives, and that we too will be his hands here on earth and share that love and light with others.

I love each of you so so much, and are praying for you daily. Thank you for all the prayers you send my way and for the support you provide!

love always,
Sister Robertson 



Pictures:
1-3) Merry Christmas from P.G! We love Christmas and we love the Nechako Sisters!


4) We had exchanges this past week and I was with sweet Sister Lybbert. She is from Alberta and has been in the mission field for a week (:

5) QUESNEL SISTERS <3

6-7) Sister Lybbert ;-)


8-9) are you surprised?


10) Sister Tripp <3 <3 <3
11) My former companion Sister Ricks, with my investigator in Port Moody. She was recently baptized and married and now her husband is getting baptized as well. My heart is forever full.
12) See if you can follow this one. The best lookin' trio around serving in my old area, Port Moody. Sister Amat Sokupit (my baby), Sister Ricks (the love of my life), and Sister Crane (my grandbaby). My heart is so full of gratitude for these wonderful Sisters. LOVE THEM!
13) When we see snow....

No comments:

Post a Comment